Sink waste into rain drain help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise regards regs etc. on the following senario -

There is an out building behind my mates shop and we want to put a kitchen sink and unit in there for us to wash our hands and cups etc.

There is a cold feed for the taps and wall heater, my question is regards the waste water and pipe. The only gully/drain for the waste pipe is where the rain water from the gutters goes currently but we don't know if you can but the waste water into it also.
Is there 2 drains one for rain water and one for soil (Toilet)????

Hope this makes sense, and someone can advise what to look for or how to proceed

Thanks in advance

Simon
:D

Sponsored Links
You need to ask your local council / water company whether Leeds has a combined or separate drainage system. If it's combined you can discharge your sink waste into the drain but make sure it is a proper drain and not just a soak-away.

Thanks for the info. Chris.

Do I need to ask the local council or will the water board be able to help?

Or could I lift the man hole cover that is in the middle of the drive way and put some water down the gully and see if it goes through the man hole?

cheers

simon

Sponsored Links
You could lift the manhole as you suggest. If the gully flows into it then try your house sink or toilet as well. If both go into it then you have a combined system and you can connect your proposed sink into the gully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back