Sink waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm installing a new sink and waste and would like to know if you can buy a flexible waste pipe that connects from the sink waste and slots into a 32mm waste pipe.
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards Dave

Sponsored Links
Thanks blub, what size is the sink waste connection or all waste connections the same size?

Nasty things - flexible, all thgoses concertina bits to gather and harbour gunk. There are so many options for waste connections there must be a way to get fixed pipe to fit without resorting to flexible

Sponsored Links
Hi aveatry, if my waste pipe is 22mm, can you get a reducer from a Ubend sink connection and connect it a 22mm pipe.

There are flexible connections that are not concertina but are rubber. I am not sure what waste you have that is 22mm but my dishwasher connects just above the u bend via a 22mm I think and there are ubend traps that feature a spiggot for attaching white goods like this or this or this that you can fit inline you can cut it down to the correct width from the step down section. here

Hi aveatry, if my waste pipe is 22mm, can you get a reducer from a Ubend sink connection and connect it a 22mm pipe.
What is it you are trying to do?

There should never be a situation where you have to reduce a basin waste run from 32mm to 22mm. It will never work properly.

What is it you are trying to do?

There should never be a situation where you have to reduce a basin waste run from 32mm to 22mm. It will never work properly.
Agree.
It will get blocked all the time.
I personally fit a 32 to 40mm adaptor before the trap if there's space or soon after the trap as a standard.
Then run all waste pipes in 40mm.
For kitchen sinks I go for a 40mm to 50mm.
Overkill some might say, but my sink installations never needed rodding.

What the hell are your customers putting down their sink o_O
Tenanted properties.
Once I caught a tenant pouring 5 litres of used, gunky oil down the kitchen sink.
You have to see the state of some properties!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back