Siphon made of pot

G

Goldspoon

Came across one of these the other day... I knew that I was to be "changing a diaphragm in a siphon" but was rather shocked when I looked inside the cistern...

P1010661.jpg

Do plumbers find many of these?

I did change the diaphragm but could not get it to work so just stuck a new plastic one in and all was well.

Sponsored Links
Ive only ever seen one, had to repair it, can for the life of me remember how i did it tho!

Was a a wet behind the ears 2nd year apprentice when i was sent to it, and aparently my boss had told the customer , we can fix anything!

Seen plenty in Doncaster, the home of thomas crapper,dontbother trying to get spares though, just donate it to a local museum.

Sponsored Links
just ripped one out three weeks ago after trying to get the part your on about, syphonic toilets were good but a pain in arse. even rang twyford whos part it is. they hadnt a clue for its replacement.

I came across that type of syphon many times.

Past experience says don't try to repair (Replacing Diaphram Washer).

Replace with new Syphon, Turbo Syphon if possible.

Job Done 100% and no call back. :D

just ripped one out three weeks ago after trying to get the part your on about, syphonic toilets were good but a pain in a**e. even rang twyford whos part it is. they hadnt a clue for its replacement.

I made a diaphragm from thin plastic. This "make one" method works on the plastic siphons but did not on this one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back