Sir Anthony Caro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Died recently, now I have never heard of him, but this comment from BBC?

Sir Anthony was widely regarded as the greatest British sculptor of his generation and worked as an assistant to Henry Moore in the 1950s

Am I the only one who thinks his work could be done by anyone, I mean its not great :confused:

T01151_10.jpg

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's hilarious! looks like someone's been cutting some vinyl floor tiles around the loo and that's what s left over.

That's 'modern art'.

When I was teaching, every one of my pupils was a world-class modern-artist.

Edit: And it looks like he got a knighthood out of it too.

if art is in the eye of the beholder,then how can a teacher say its good or bad.

i said this to the head of art where i work,wasnt very pleased :LOL: and stormed off.

Sponsored Links
The Emperor's New Clothes springs to mind.

That, in my opinion, is how modern art works. Once you've got your name recognised, people will pay way over the odds for your work just to keep up with the Joneses.

Its a plough for turning the sod. Or it was...

Not something you townies would ever have seen.. never mind used.

Modern art is for people who cannot paint or those who can but have become lazy and want easy money. (Or just to be controversial).

I'll look at a Pre Raphaelite, you can look at a Frisbee chewed up by a dog that some fool stuck in The Tate Modern. (While greater fools watch on...)

Much of modern art is twaddle. No skill in it. Tracey Emin - unmade bed - WTF?

People call blobs or streaks of paint on a canvas art. Many are taken in to pay big money for this tripe. In reality, any of us could think up and produce similar stuff and pass it off as modern art.

Think about what REAL art is though. Something like Thomas Gainsborough, Constable, Stubbs, Turner, Rembrandt, Monet. Could anyone envisage and create something similar. Yes, but very few. The original artists and those producing similar art today have special skills. Anyone can daub a bit of canvas. Few are skilled and practiced enough to produce something like a recognisable portrait or landscape. That's the difference, and what makes real art.

Sponsored Links
Back