Sirapite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this still available and when is it used? I was told that it was even used as a second coat on external rendering is that correct?

Sponsored Links
It is not available nowadays,,more's the pity. It was a great plaster to work with. It was a finishing plaster,, used "internally only". The brick/block walls were floated with sand, cement and lime or some other backing coat and then finished off with Siraphite.. You always had control over this plaster....... Tell 'em Roy C and Marshman!!........I have "never" heard of it being used externally as a second coat for rendering though. :eek: It would be like using multi outside.. :eek:

Roughcaster.

What R.C. said and was never used out side....Went off the market more than 20 years ago when they intoduced "Type B" plaster. Came out as grey plaster then chop and changed to pink . We dont get grey plaster here but I don't know if any one else does.. They kept changing the make up of the plaster, The old sirapite had cellulose in it and at one time there was a story in the papers that women were eating it as a food substitute to help them lose weight. I swear that story is true......

you can / could render up with it outside :eek:
then watch it wash a way in the rain. :eek:

it was a great plaster, imho much better than multi.

were they pregnant.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back