Site hangs asking for me to allow cookies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1678658392140.png

I get exactly the same screen on Chrome and Firefox. I can't Continue or Save and Continue.
But not Bing, this is Bing I'm using and it's working.

Only on one computer, on which I've cleared all cache and cookies.
It's OK on another computer, any browser

So it's
This website, AND this computer AND (Chrome OR Firefox,)

Some strange interaction?

I've restarted the computer, which is running Win10.
The green button doesn't behave like it has a link,
With Manage settings I can go one layer down, then most buttons are inactive so I can't get out.

Suggestions?
I could uninstall & reinstall Firefox and Chrome I suppose...
do they share anything?

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's been doing it my computers as well. I turned my adblocker off and it's now working although it's still not as it used to be.

Locked me out for 3 days!! Found a workaround or it's something that wasn't there before :-
Bottom left is small box muttering vendors, click that then click save (without doing anything else) and your in.

Hope this doesn't happen every time I visit!!
I presume this incompatible rubbish was added by the server sponsors, not a good idea.

I'm getting it on mobile using chrome. Odd as not consistent. Minor problem

Sponsored Links
I don't think it is an ad-blocker. I keep mine on and still get in ok - but after writing a few posts the interface slows down and spins its wheels; especially if there's a media post on the thread.
Have the mods managed to weed out the Chai knees?

Very tiresome. Maybe something in the html the forum software produces depends on something which varies. I've only seen it on this forum though.

We've not been able to replicate thus far, but we're still looking into it.

I got past it by clicking Manage Settings. Then there's a save button inside of that, which closes that message

I sometimes get this if I leave a page open, then hours/next day reload it.

Well it was fixed for me on my laptop. I think that on my laptop I haven't checked the box that says delete all cookies on exit whilst on my desktop that box is ticked (Firefox). It's that idiotic nannying "allow all cookies" banner that is the problem. I get the same annoying thing happening on another forum that uses the same software. This is a bug in the forum software.

New update for Firefox, no adblocker, cleared cache and cookies, still doing it.
I'm using DuckDuckgo which has a few standard things like stopping trackers. I turned that off and the site worked. Turned it back on again and it still works.
?

Sponsored Links
Back