Site insurance cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house which I am going to refurbish from top to bottom. I will be doing some work myself, some will be done by people I hire directly and some by traders. I am not staying in the house.
I want to get one of those Site insurance policies but they seem expensive to me and some want you to insure for one year when I will only need it for about 3 months and then get ordinary insurance after that.
Does anybody know of a good company that offers this insurance for a reasonable price? Do they tend to try and rip you off when they think you are a professional developer and not a DIYer? (hence their leading questions in the application form).
Do people who carry out refurbishments like this normally get the insurance? I guess it will be risky not to have it, what with the risks of public liability, injuries in people you bring to work, theft and own accident cover.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back