siting a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am in the proccess of fitting a new kitchen and was wondering about the best place to put the radiator. the kitchen is 4.5m x 3.5m and on one wall I have a space between the wall and a tall cooker housing which is about 1m wide, I would like to fit a vertically mounted rad in this corner. do you think it is a bad idea to fit a rad here, would the heat circulate ok?
I would appreciate any advice

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Heat actually gets into the room via convection rather than radiation so as long as airflow in to the bottom and out of the top isn't restricted it should be okay. The text book answer is not to have rads opposite windows because you get air currents similar to the North Atlantic Drift but I've yet to come across a room where this is actually the case.

Heat actually gets into the room via convection rather than radiation so as long as airflow in to the bottom and out of the top isn't restricted it should be okay. The text book answer is not to have rads opposite windows because you get air currents similar to the North Atlantic Drift but I've yet to come across a room where this is actually the case.
I have :LOL: in a 19th. Century Orangery - rads on the back wall - draughts everywhere from the glass - And they disconnected the old iron pipes in the underground troughs too. How I laughed @ the owners wasting money - Went back to the ( hotel) a few years later and the new owners had ripped out the rads and re instated the original pipes in the troughs ;) The first lot just didn`t want to listen to an old Pi - Key Plumber :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back