siting of new Combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a new kitchen and central heating boiler (condensing/combi) in a bungalow. The existing boiler is at wall unit height. Is it possible to site a boiler at floor level - that is under worksurface height? Suppose there must be some minimum height above ground that the flue or whatever can be sited so people sitting in the garden don't get blasted by fumes?. Can anyone advise me please?

Sponsored Links
Some will fit under worktop but not the best place as when it goes wrong it will make it harder to work on.. How about in your old airing cupboard or loft , boilerts don`t need to be on an outside wall anymore with all the flue options avialable

I have looked into this before.

I can pretty much guarantee you won't find a wall mounted combi boiler to fit under a normal height cupboard whilst acheiving all the minimum clearances above and below the boiler. They are a little bigger than normal boilers, and they all tend to have the flue coming off the top of the boiler with a 90 deg turn... adding more height!

There are floor standing ones which would probably fit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back