Condensing Boiler Height Regulations (From Kitchen Worktops)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Peeps,

Just joined this site, And i only have one question is there a regulations to say what height a condensing boiler should be above a kitchen worktop???
If so what is the minimum???? And if the boiler is at the minimum can it be moved up????

The reason for my questions is i have just bought a new build (Big Mistake) and the boiler is lower than the kitchen wall unit (55mm) Now the cupboard housing that i have bought to house the boiler is not in line with the rest of the cupboards.
The boiler flue can be moved up (55mm) so the flue top is just below the wall coving but the builder says it cant because of regulations.

Any help please i'm doing my final walkthrough friday.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Sponsored Links
No regulations with regards worktops. Only manufacturer's instructions and common sense.

Flue regulations are another matter. Again though - it will be in the instructions.

Buy a different cupboard.

Oh, and that was three questions. ;).

All of the boilers clearance dimentions will be in the boilers manufacturers instructions which you should have but if it is 55mm lower than a kitchen unit it is unlikely to breach anything other than aesthetics

Sponsored Links
You will have to look at manufacturers instructions re clearances above boiler.Some can some cant

And if spec of house doesnt have a cupboard around it .
Even though its only couple of inches its gonna cost you several hundred to have moved also scar on new brickwork outside maybe visible.

As builders will say its an alteration to spec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back