Condensate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A question regarding the regulations concerning Flues and Condensate disposal on a Combi Boiler system.

I understand that it is permissible to dispose of the condensate into a Rainwater System that is part of a Foul Water system but NOT into a rainwater system that is NOT part of a foul water system. Am I right ?

I have had several quotes from prospective installers for a new combi boiler but they all seem to have different understanding of the regulations on this.

My neighbours fence (boundary) is 1.2 m from the wall where the horizontal flue would ideally be sited. I understand that for CONDENSING boilers the minimum allowable distance is 2.5 m. Is this correct ?

If so would a 'Plume Diverter Terminal' solve the problem ??

Similarly different installers seem to have different guidelines on this as well.

Many thanks for your help (in anticipation).

>

Sponsored Links
You are right about discharge of condensate but an inline neutaliser can be fitted that will allow it into just rain water drainage ..

The 2.5m is not a reg yet , it is being spoke about same as only having roof flues

Condensate can be discharged into rain water drains.

2.5M is the building reg distance I believe, the gas regs is 600mm facing the boundary or 300mm adjacent to it.

Yes a plume kit would work, but in reality I don't think most people would bother at 1.2 M.

Sponsored Links
The 2.5 metre figure is not a requirement of any Regulations. However it should be taken as a recommendation to avoid the visible plume from the boiler crossing the boundary and causing a nuisance to your neighbour. A Plume Diverter Kit will also achieve this if the main terminal is closer than 2.5 metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back