condense into rainwater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I want to terminate my condense pipe from the boiler into the rainwater downpipe but have been told I can only use a foul waste drain
I have just been looking around and osma do a adapter for the rain water pipe for condense
Could anyone advise me on this also is the documentation on this
Oh yeah does anyone know where I can get black 22mm overflow pipe
thanks col

Sponsored Links
Condensate is 100% clean water, I see no reason why that can not go into rainwater drain. It is slightly acidic, but only H2CO3, sparkling springwater in other words.

yes there is an adapter available ask in any reputable merchants it is made with crystal or something similar inside.

as for black 22mm overflow can't help you on this one

No problems with this, the rainwater will dilute any acidic condensate.

If in any doubt fit a condensafe to the condensate pipework, but it will need replacing every 12 months

Sponsored Links
If it is purely rain water that has its own sewarage system and does not join the fowl drains at all,then you are not meant to discharge into it
It could be fitted with a neutraliser cartridge to overcome this

Condensate is 100% clean water, I see no reason why that can not go into rainwater drain. It is slightly acidic, but only H2CO3, sparkling springwater in other words.

It's acidic. There is some sulphur in the gas; burning the sulphur gives sulphur dioxide; dissolving the sulphur dioxide gives sulphurous acid (I think).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back