How close can I site new combi boiler flue to existing flue?

Says the guy who had to ask how to fit a sink and how to do a cold water tank. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know you live in London now but there must be a village somewhere that has lost its resident idiot

Sponsored Links
my new combi boiler is being installed by a corgi registered engineer. However he wasn't sure about the exact clearance required, so I am looking for the appropriate regulation or guidance myself.

Thanks again.

He said "he was not sure".

Any competent gas engineer would tell the customer that he would find out and advise him.

Not leave the customer thinking that he had employed a fool who could not be bothered to take ownership of the job.

Of course from some of what he may have heard of his customer's proposals for fitting wood stoves, the registered installer may have decided its better to step back and not get involved in a possible impending disaster.

I think your cluching at straws now.

Agile and straws please dont tell me he is a feltcher. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Look it up lads

Sponsored Links
kissass.gif

beerchug.gif

namsag is right this is a difficult one. I can not find a distance from what is in effect a chimney

View media item 24897
View media item 24898

I seem to have inadvertently touched few raw nerves here on a few levels. May be I was asking the wrong question, and that the answer is that there are no regulations or sensitivities with regards to how far you could site a combi boiler flue from an existing chimney, being sensible about it though and taking into consideration all other flue siting requirements for which guidance is readily available.

MIs will tell you if you know where to look. WB Greenstar CDi specifies 600mm minimum horizontal distance from another balanced flue on the roof, or 1500mm from an open flue which might be your situation. They have a nice picture in the Installation, Commissioning and Service manual, which isn't the same as the Engineers Service Manual.

These dimensions are usually to the appropriate British Standard.

If it is a vertical fanned balanced flue, the clearance required from any other flue is 300mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back