size of garage cable

H

harpmeister

Hi
I am a couple of months off needing a electrician to wire up my garage for electricity but since I have the patio dug up I thought I would lay the swa down whilst I was at it.

My question is what size cable of swa would I need and would it be better to use 2 or 3 core.

The cable run would be just under 25m long from the CU in the house into the garage, the first 16m would be clipped to the external house wall with another 6m buried under the patio, I am looking to run a light circuit comprising of 2 36w fluorescent tubes and a mains circuit of 3 double sockets to run a small lathe rated at 500w, pillar drill rated at 350w, bench grinder rated at 250w and possibly a small heater so maybe 2.5kw in total, bearing in mind that all the tools will not be used at the same time.

I don't plan on doing any of the electrical work I just need to know the size of cable.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just put two lengths of flexible underground ducting in. Photograph them before covering with some kind of proof of depth. Don't forget pull strings. Try to come up inside at both ends if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back