Skimming Bathroom Walls & Ceiling + Outside Edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've nearly finished working on my new bathroom. Removing the old tiles left the plaster in such a damaged state, that I hacked it all off to bare brick and I have put in new MR Plasterboard (dot & dab) apart from one wall where to allow for invisible plumbing I made a studwork frame to which the PB is screwed. All the joints have been taped and filled, and I want to have the lot (including the overboarded ceiling) professionally skimmed for a first class finish.

I have some external edges, and was intending to put corner bead on. Can that be done at the same time as the wall is skimmed, or do they need fixing first (and if so, what with)?

The room is 2.5m square and 2.4m high, and the bathroom suite won't go in until the walls are finished (and painted). How long is it likely to take a tradesman to do a tidy job?

Sponsored Links
Was it plaster board or aqua board as it is not really good practice to put plaster-board in a shower area, I would not put moisture proof plaster board in either. It would of been better if you had let the plasterer float it out with sand and cement and not skim it so you can tile on the floated surface. Also I would let the plasterer set the beads up .... ;)

Was it plaster board or aqua board as it is not really good practice to put plaster-board in a shower area, I would not put moisture proof plaster board in either. It would of been better if you had let the plasterer float it out with sand and cement and not skim it so you can tile on the floated surface. Also I would let the plasterer set the beads up .... ;)

The corner for the shower enclosure has aqua panels and the rest of the bathroom will be painted, not tiled. I'm perfectly happy to let the plasterer do the edge beads - as long as that can be done at the same time as the skim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back