Skimming over previously wallpapered walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to reskim some bedroom walls which i've already removed all the wallpaper off. The walls are now back to the original bare plaster which is in decent condition however i feel it needs a reskim to for a decent finish. Do i need to PVA the walls first, or can just skim straight onto the old plaster? If so, how many PVA coats and what ratio?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that all traces of paste have been removed by wetting the wall slightly and rubbing your hand over to check its not slippery?

Sponsored Links
No offence intended but if you have to ask those question, do you think you will be able to skim the walls to a high standard! It’s a bit of an art, plastering. Have you thought of lining the walls with a heavy grade lining paper and then either painting or papering them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back