skimming over sound board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

Any tips of skimming over this stuff as ive read the techical data to it and it says just skim with either board/multi finish with no prep.

Got a job of blocking a through loung into 2 rooms with a stud wall and was after some soundproofing.

Would you use soundboard plus insulation or is this just overkilling it too much.

Anyone offer any experience on this as ive never actually used this one before.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Some (not all) soundblock has high suction and you may need to prep with pva, or at least it a roll with wet roller. I've had batches with every second board high suction for some reason.

As for insulation, up to you . If sound is a problem, then you may as well do it while you can - but only my opinion

If by soundboard you’re referring to BG SoundBlock, treat is the same as you would Wallboard. I stick 4” cavity insulation batts in there using spray on carpet adhesive.

I've just skimmed over Knauf soundboard (the 36kg stuff) and didn't need to do any prep work, just skimmed over it and not had any issues.

I just PVA'd the joint filler that I had put the skrim tape on with round the edges.

I am a new DIY'er but this is what was recommended to me from the good peeps on here :)

Sponsored Links
cheers boys

always interesting when you get to try something new, its amazing how a piece of board can get u all geared up for the job haha........

or is that just me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back