Skimming over this wall paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I have some ceilings with this textured wall paper.
It seems to be pasted down firmly and will take a very long time to get off as it only peels off in small pieces is it possible for it to skimmed over?

Sponsored Links
If it is stuck firmly you can skim over it.Then wait a short while and you will be able to scrape the lot off paper and all...but you will be better with a steam stripper. ;)Or like Andy said board over it...

Sponsored Links
Hello there

I have some ceilings with this textured wall paper.
It seems to be pasted down firmly and will take a very long time to get off as it only peels off in small pieces is it possible for it to skimmed over?

No. Painted woodchip comes off easily enough if you score it then soak it (scoring enables the water to get behind). Or use a steamer. Not so easy on a ceiling as on a wall. If you can't be bothered to do all that, then the ceiling could be re-plasterboarded over the top, and skimmed. Hassle vs cost is your equation, I suppose.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back