skimming quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent two days removing tiles from a fully tiled bathroom, and the plaster underneath, it was just comming away.

Walls are back to the bare plasterboard, just had a quote to skim it all for £250, all in inc his materials, is this about right?

Bathroom is about 2.6m x 2.4m, standard height and not including the roof.

I was going to attempt myself but as it getting tilled halfway and painted the rest thought it be best to get it done properly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
definately seems steep mate

although i would never quote a job without seeing it if its just a skim i would say a good £100 over the going rate

are the walls still flat even after taking off tiles? £10 a m2 including materials isn't a bad price is it? :confused:

Sponsored Links
pody, welcome to the forum, dont ask is a price good reasonable on a forum, no one can give you the answer you want. Allow my "friend" to explain

View media item 2443
you also have contradicting replies

definately seems steep mate

But then he goes on to say

although i would never quote a job without seeing it

But yet he just said a job he can not see, is too expensive.

Then there is the one that says
are the walls still flat even after taking off tiles? £10 a m2 including materials isn't a bad price is it? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back