skirting a bay window help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am trying to fit skirting board to my bay window, the size of the skirting is 175x25mm thick and is both ogee and torus forms.the bay is almost a complete semi circle, i have slotted the back of the board with the circular saw and also soaked the wood in water before bending but to no avail.

Do i have any other options i cant cut the slots any deeper as it starts to cut the front form, the wood just snaps and to be honest am not really getting close to the correct form.

What sort of company can form the wood for me or is there any solution that can be added to water to make the wood easier to work with(i no i am clutching at straws with the last suggestion)
A ny replies greatly received

cheers paul d

Sponsored Links
Using MDF skirting is bendable & easier.

What I used to do providing the skirting board is long enough is to drill a hole on each end and tie it with rope then cut the slots at the back then tighten the rope again then continue cutting etc.

Maybe Im back to front- but when I did mine with 100mm skirting, I worked out the difference of the front and back half circle lengths to give me an idea of the amount of material to remove and divided this by the number of cuts I was going to make. Then I cut the FRONT neatly and was most surprized at how flexible the whole thing was! Didn't need any filling either. (An 8 foot bay)!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back