Skirting board level horizontal cabling

I will then need to get an independent electrician to test the work and it's safety and issue an electrical installation certificate.

Your council is happily setting you up to fail, this is exactly the same as a previous thread a few weeks ago. You wont get an electrician to issue an EIC if he didn't do the work... Go back to the council and have another chat with them.

Sponsored Links
How strange - because the council gave me a list of electricians who will.

Now don't take this wrong - but that is indeed strange - as under the competent persons scheme you sign a declaration saying that you will only sign off work which you have supervised or done yourself. Also the wording of the EIC is such that you are committing a offence to sign it, if the declaration is untrue.

The other pollster found this out to his cost. If your interested then I will send you a link to the thread. Not as a warning but for your interest.

Now I am sure that the council will find electricians willing to put a periodic inspection report on the installation and if they accept that it is making a bit of an ass out of the laws that they are charged with enforcing. As it is a bit like fitting your own boiler then getting a landlords cert for it.

In fact if you pay them their fee they are supposed to do the test for you, but they don't. I know this because it was part of a recent course I have done EAL Domestic Electrical Installer Building Regulations
It was very clear on the fact that the council should test and issue the EIC. But if you search the forum, they never do.

So you could be left in limbo if you are not careful.

Martin

Sponsored Links
hi mark would it not be possible to use a combination of chasing the floor
and horizontal between sockets.

do you have the test equipment and can you complete a test certificate?
they can be downloaded free from the iet site. if you can do this you will have
no problem getting your completion certificate.

witch council are you dealing with if you tell me the borough i may be able
tell you there requirements . ( if its one that i have worked in )
as they all have there own way of doing things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back