Skirting & door frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my wall painting will be complete tomorrow then it is time to move on to skirting and door frames before the new carpet is fitted next week.

The skirting and door frames are already painted I have read so many things about primer and oil and this and that my head is spinning.

I was just going to give them a light sanding by hand to remove any blobs and marks then just repaint with a satin maybe 2 coats if needed.

If it has already been painted before and looks still pretty good at the moment is this fine to do or will it need under coat or anything else doing?

Sponsored Links
Satin is self undercoating so two coats after a good rub down, not a tickle.

Sponsored Links
Guys before I go back and try and get a refund for this paint can you tell me if this is normal or not or the results will be what I expect.

I have spent a long day sanding skirtings and door frames. The old white gloss colour is still visible and a few tiny marks but overall I have sanded it well.

I have then hoovered every where to clean all dust and dirt and then given everything a quick wipe down to remove all dust.

I have just gone and picked up a tin of Dulux - Absolute White - Quick Dry Satinwood.

Coat 1 is on and other than the paint feeling very watery it does not seem to have changed anything the small blemishes and marks that were visible before are still there, is this going to dry and look better or is coat 2 going to go on top and dry and look better?

The old colour was white so it is white on white. I just do not feel confident its going to give the finish I wanted. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back