Skirting Height Limited

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our radiator pipes come out the wall (see image).

This limits the height of our skirting, it means the skirting has to be under 85 cm which is small by today's standards.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could get around this without moving the radiator pipes?

On another note - I haven't changed the architraves and we have now had the room skimmed. I have only now realised the architraves are ultra thin and I would therefore need ultra thin skirting (12mm) - is it too late?

thumbnail_IMG_5864.jpg

Sponsored Links
Build out architrave, join skirting around pipe work.Or use shallow box skirting on walls with rads.

look up "plinth blocks " for ideas between mismatched thicknesses
get the height off skirting you like [perhaps 94mm] and iff needed stand in front mark for a hole drill a hole 3 or4mm bigger than the pipe [15=18-19mm] then cut the skirting through the hole centre top to bottom

Sponsored Links
Notch the skirting around the pipe. To do this you will need a square, a 16 or 18mm hole saw or spade bit, an electric or cordless drill drives and a saw (hand or jig).

1. Cut the board to length. If at all possible avoid mitre or scribe jointing this piece in the corners

2.Mark out the centre lines of the pipes on the skirting. Mark the height of the pipe centres on the skirting

3. Drill holes based on where the pipe centres are

4. Using the square, mark the cut lines to be able to access the hole. Saw out the waste but retain the cut-out parts

16201062086171305757463122169184.jpg

5. Install the skirting

6. Glue the cut-outs back in place using Mitre Mate or a grip adhesive

7. When the glue has set fill the gaps around the infille using 2-pack filler. Sand to finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back