Skirting/Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what to do here,pipes run down corner of room which i've boxed in at 45 degree, angle then off to radiator on left,but now i'm putting skirting on i'm in a hole.
plan was for skirting to go behind pipes, but as you can see cutting a piece out the skirting looks rubbish,also top of skirting is near enough level with top of pipe which would make boxing in difficult i think ?.any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Pity you couldn't have located the pipes a bit lower down, or gone for a taller skirting - that way you could have used the skirting to form the front of a boxing. If you can't go for a taller skirting I'd just box in as tight as I could with skirting across the front and pop a top on with a slight overhang bull-nosed like a window board

Hi JobAndKnock,
Are you saying fix a batten to wall above the pipes,and fix the bullnose piece to that ? then a piece at front high enough to reach that, then fix skirting onto the front piece ? so skirting will be an inch or whatever below the top, have i got that right ? problem is it's laminate floor so can't put a batten on there or can i ?

Sponsored Links
Timber baton below the pipes fixed to wall then fix skirting to that, infill on top with 6mm mdf, not ideal but short of replacing skirting or lowering pipes the neatest option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back