Skirting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I need to reinstall skirtings in two rooms, dimensions as follows:

dining room 4mx4mx3.6mx3.6m
bedroom 4mx4mx3.9mx3.6m with a square edged bay window

Is MDF a good choice? And where to buy it? I like the look of these but it only comes in 5x2.4m packs and i'd need to buy 15 boards when I only need 11/12 by my calcs:

http://www.diytimberpacks.com/19-x-169mm-pre-primed-whitewood-chamfered-skirting.php?cat=73

Also, ballpark, what would it cost to have a carpenter fit them? South Wales area.. Thanks.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Selco in Cardiff should do 4.2 m lengths, and cheaper as you can buy individuals. ;)

Very easy to get a cash account, print yourself a business card and they accept it as proof of business. ;)

Sponsored Links
So i bought those skirting boards but just noticed they are not true - the bulge inwards vertically..

Any ideas please? I've contacted the supplier to see what they say. At least I know its not the walls!!! (have fitted approx 4 metres so far).

Thanks

What i thought too

Got an uneven floor and wall, now the skirting to contend with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back