skirtings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have given up trying to fit my skirtings. Too fiddly, not enough time or patience.

Anyone know a ballpark cost for a pro to do it? Do i need a carpenter or a joiner?

Room is approx 4*4*3.6*3.6m

Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Only a couple of hours work, might be easier to get a handyman in, should be within their capabilities.

Sponsored Links
On the assumption that you are being quoted for labour only to fit standard softwood or mdf skirting and there are no issues with your walls or floors, then I would suggest any quote should reflect half a day's labour rate at most. Cardiff rates aren't that special.

On the assumption that you are being quoted for labour only to fit standard softwood or mdf skirting and there are no issues with your walls or floors, then I would suggest any quote should reflect half a day's labour rate at most. Cardiff rates aren't that special.

Thanks. What would a daily rate be for a carpenter then? I have no idea!

Only a couple of hours work, might be easier to get a handyman in, should be within their capabilities.
Everyone says "only a couple of hours work", job unseen........ As to rate, a handyman will do a 2 hour job as he generally has a highish hourly rate and expects to do 3 or 4 (or more) jobs a day. A carpenter or joiner is likely to be looking for 1/2 or 1 days work. On 1/2 day jobs (where it's likely that I'm not going to be able to do anything productive with the rest of my day) i always quote for 6 hours work, or circa £120

Cardiff rates aren't that special.

i didnt realise each town had its own rates?

where would i find these?

my rates are based on my overheads and my knowledge and experience

do vans tools fuel etc vary in price from town to town?

well,if you lived in a city where you have to pay to fart,then im sure your rate will not be low.

Cardiff rates aren't that special.

i didnt realise each town had its own rates?

where would i find these?

my rates are based on my overheads and my knowledge and experience

do vans tools fuel etc vary in price from town to town?

I'm not keen to be pedantic but rather than buck the current, Cardiff is a City not a town and yes, believe it or not, rates are higher in cities than towns. Someone living in a city is likely to be charged more to have some work done than they would if the same work was carried out in a suburb or further afield. There are a number of obvious reasons why.

Have been quoted (unseen) locally £120 (assumed a full day required, but not available to new year - not surprised!) and £220 but wants to see the job before committing - is available now. In case anyone is interested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back