Skoda Fabia !.9 TDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have owned a Skoda Fabia 1.9 TDi estate (55 reg) for the last six months. Over the last two months I have felt the slight tingle of diesel on my tongue immediately after start up and it continues as I drive. This has got progressively worse. But there is no smell, as such.

When the car was MOT'd three weeks back, I asked them to check it out. They purged the air conditioning system which had a leak anyway and put through a cleaner. However, this wasn't the problem. Following the MOT I changed the fuel filter and the air filter as well as put some Millers cleaner in the fuel. The taste was noticeably more pungent. Have now refilled with new diesel but chemical taste still there. My garage say that all the pipes were fine and there were no leaks in the exhaust. I think that I ma getting less mpg than I was. Any idea what I should look at next? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably a bad door rubber, try the tailgate first. Or the carpet/upholstery got diesel at some stage.
Open the window to allow fresh air in and switch off air recirculation. Even try switching all aircon/heater output off.

A good strong air freshener, summer meadows is my favorite !!

There's many a Renault owner out there very envious of your problems

A wee bit bizarre this one, but I too reckon this is a result of some earlier spillage......
However, replace the pollen filter (passenger side knee area, 2 sliding clips on an oblong, vertical box) and do check the fuel cooler (if your car has one) - drivers side underneath, rather like a small flat radiator....I've seen these damaged by incorrect jacking.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back