Skoda Octavia Reliability & Value!

I can't speak for the Skoda owners, but the reason it is a hassle on the Astra is that you need to remove the headrests in order to fold the seats flat. They slide out perfectly well when you want them to.

Funny how rear headrests used to be a real top-of-the-range luxury saloon accessory, now you get them in every car no matter what size!

Sponsored Links
Probably because of whiplash claims. low insurance ratings are now used as a selling point.

If you disagree I will set ellie on you!

That is a good point I suppose. Plus you probably need them to get those Encap safety ratings.

However, on a really small car then a set of extended head rests (although I have noticed they are usually designed to slide down over the seat) would impede rear visibility...

Sponsored Links
Would that be Smelly Ellie?

Canis Horriblis?

Only kidding!! :LOL:

pipme said:
Don't forget head rests and Head restraints aint the same animal !!

Well, as far as I am aware any car you would buy now has head restraints in order to reduce the possibility of whiplash injuries.

However, most people wouldn't really make the distinction between rests and restraints so for all intents and purposes we are talking about the same thing here! I would call it a headrest in conversation, but I don't think I have ever rested my head against it. :D

As well as head restraints my car has a tachometer. But if someone says "rev counter" I know what they mean, despite the fact that it does not count revolutions of the engine or anything else for that matter.

Hmmm, just a thought:

"Head rest" could arguably be a contraction of "head restraint", so the difference is really between "headrest" and "head rest"
:LOL:

Back