Sky Channel Numbers Welsh v English

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a non Welsh speaker living in fact born in Wales.
My Sky box is set so 101, 102, 103, 104 all give Welsh channels is there any way to get the English channels assigned to those numbers so I can watch the same channels as I would watch from Winter Hill on Sky without needing to tune into channel 978 to get BBC 1 for example.

Sponsored Links
Since posting I have installed my old Sky box in my bedroom. And I see default is London for BBC 1 so I will assume all info as to which program is default BBC 1 is in card so I will ask Sky chap tomorrow if it can be altered.

Sponsored Links
Might want to ask them again, I have family living in Wales and both lots upon calling Sky allowed them to set their regions to London.
Only takes up to 2hrs for the new settings to be sent to the box and written to the card, there's a big button on the service system which level 2 CSA's sit in front of all day (usually they'll just set it to the postal district of their head office in osterley, TW7).

I am told it is all set by phone connection and an automated system so if phone is plugged in it will auto revert to Welsh. Seems plugging in the phone in England will in time result in the box being set to an English station and if then I leave the phone line unplugged it will stay that way.

Too much hassle I will leave it as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back