Sky Q satellite boxes jumping back a minute, and some time loose signal.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main box is OK, only the satellite boxes have a problem, I had assumed they worked with wifi, but @Lucid said some thing about them using power line technology, the house sockets are split front/back and each has it's own RCBO type AC so sending any non 50 Hz signal on the power lines could stop the RCD working and also since there are two RCD's between the power to main box and power to satellite boxes and a surge protection device so wonder if the satellite boxes need hard wiring or some settings changed.

Sponsored Links
Last time I looked, the Q system used 3 types of network connection.

Primarily it is Wi-Fi. After that it's a toss-up between Ethernet and Powerline depending on what's most convenient.

To recap then; the boxes have all three technologies built in.

Some of this functionality depends on the router being used.

-----------------

Where you have problems with the system, try a total system reboot. That means disconnecting the mains supplies to all the boxes and the router so nothing is in just standby.

Start repowering from the router first. Then the main Q box. Then any minis, one at a time. Allow enough time at each stage for the relevant device to power up and completely initialise before moving on to the next item.

Where you're still having problems, have a look at the Sky support forums to see if this is a software issue. If you rule that out, then next look at your house Wi-Fi.

You can and should turn off the power line technology in the menus. I don't need to tell you why! If wifi does not work use ethernet cabling.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back