Sky TV In A second Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question if anyone can help.

I would like to connect a second TV to my SKY setup, i presume the normal way would be to split the cable after it leaves the sky box, run it to the next destination and install a magic eye, however I would like to avoid running a new cable through the ceiling. Is the another option available using a transmitter box located next to the sky box and one upstair next to the new tv

Cheers

Sponsored Links
same idea as mine, but mine is a phillips one, works really well, maplin do a set also think theyres are 25quid, a mate of mine has them and his work just fine too

Ta Boxcleva

Will have a look at these senders. Only thing I was a bit worried about was whether there would be a loss of signal, and if so would it be significant enough to notice.

Has anyone used these for SKY before, or is there a standard sender used by professionals

Cheers

Sponsored Links
as i said above, i use one of these and they work great, no signal loss! an mine is used for sky

If you take a look at the back of your sky box you will see there is a socond RF out socket (I think it is labelled RF2)

This socket is designed to run you second TV.

You simply run a length of coax cable between this socket and the coax socket on your second TV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back