slanting radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an issue in a bedroom where one of the radiators has slanting pipes coming up from the floor. These are the chrome pipes attached to the radiator valves.

I have attached some pictures to this so hopefully you can see what the issue is. It obviously looks unsightly. Is there a bendable chrome pipe or pipe connectors that can make this look a little less ugly?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
IMG-20200730-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200730-WA0004.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, there aren't any flexible chrome pipes. You'd need to use a proper pipe bender to sort that out

.... and get those ISO valves swapped out while you're at it, they're not designed for use on central heating and will leak eventually

Sponsored Links
I was wondering if they were Ts or isos.
OP there's no easy way to make that pretty, whoever put the pipework in cocked up (or the walls have been insulated or drylined after the system was installed).
If you can lift the carpet and floorboards fairly easily then do it and have a look at the pipework underneath- you might get lucky, it might be placcie or maybe long runs of copper with some wiggle room.
If you don't fancy doing that its elbows and new rear entry valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back