Slate DPC problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extention to the rear of my house, and the DPC on the house is made up of 2 layers of slate and mortar, approx 35mm deep

As you can see from the picture, there is the concrete foundation, 4 courses of brick and a 35mm high twin slate DPC

What is the best way to build up to this DPC course when using a Visqueen Polythene DPC level with the top of the original house DPC ?. the concrete footings on the new extention have yet to be poured.

Can i simply raise the footings level 35mm to compensate for the thickness of the house DPC, so that when building up from the DPC level the brick courses will then be to guage with the house ? . .
Obviously below ground each course will then not be in alignment - is this acceptable practice?

Appreciate any help and advice

Attachments

• DPC-course.jpg
    DPC-course.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your new DPC would ideally be at the new floor level, irrespective of the thickness of the existing DPC joint.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back