Slate for 15 degree pitch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to use slate on a 15 degree pitch ground floor extension? We have planning approval but need to have the roofing material condition approved.

The planning officer has rejected my suggested Marley edgemere tile and asked for a natural slate alternative. The house is in a conservation area but not listed, it has a concrete tiled roof as do many of the surrounding properties.
All thoughts welcome!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, this could be a possible solution. The planning officer has emailed me back saying they will be happy with natural slate on the 35 degree first floor roof and the marley edgemere for the 15 degree. Will this look okay or should I push the monier cambrian-slate for both?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Good news! the planning officer has agreed the Cambrian slate for both elevations so many to thanks Freddie for the suggestion(y)

Don't use Cambrians, as they leak at low angles. I have had nothing but problems with mine at 15 degrees.

TBH I have seen issues too after being fitted a few years in areas of over hanging trees.
But they do look nice and easy to fit.

Mine is near trees, 2 mono pitches both at 15 degrees. Sometimes leaks, sometimes doesn't, can be various direction and strength of wind, can be heavy or light rain, can leak in various places too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back