Marley tiles on 20 degrees pitch

Sponsored Links
Interesting? Was it the condron ? There is another make that is total cra p and seen plenty of issues, colour changes, channels breaking off but not on a senior

We get wind and rain down on the coast too.

They do go to 17.5 .. look again

Size420mm X 330mm
Minimum Roof Pitch17.5° (UK – see tables below)*
22.5° (ROI – see tables below)
Maximum Gauge345mm
Cover Width300mm
Covering Capacity9.7 tiles per m2 (at 345mm gauge)
Weight per 1,000 tiles5.00 tonnes
Laid weigth per m248.7 kg (at 345mm gauge)
Minimum batten sizessee tables below
Tile nails50 x 3.35mm aluminium clout head

17.5 isn't standard construction though. From my experience those thin leading tiles work ok for a few years, but once a bit of dirt builds
up in the channels they are vulnerable to problems. Yes condron as well as others.

Sponsored Links
Seen that on Cambrian slates , busted channels on edgemeres but not the senior slate . I'll keep my eye open on that.
I have seen blocked channels on moderns and stonewolds and others but they were generally over 20 years old.
The condron senior has not been available around here that long . So time will tell

Thin leading edge means problems with silting up after a few years. Keeps me in work but I wouldn't recommend them below 25°
In Lancashire anyway!

So had the roof redone, pitch of the roof is 19-20 degrees. They have only done a 70-80mm headlap on each tile instead of the recommended 100mm for the pitch. Will this cause issues and should I get them back to re-do at correct headlap? Luckily haven't paid a penny yet. Roof is 3.5m long and 3m wide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back