Slate Reclaimation Prices Paid in Glasgow Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all!

First post, so go easy on me!

I am in the process of stripping my old slate roof and I am wondering if it is worthwhile trying to sell the old slates?

Can anyone advise me on a typical price I could expect to be paid for my used slates in the Glasgow area? They are decent quality and may be either Welsh or Scottish (not sure which!)

Also, can anyone recommend a reclaimation firm who could come to my place and assess the slates and provide a price?

Thanks.

EkB

Sponsored Links
They are dark grey (ish)!

I am not too familiar with the different colours, but they do seem quite dark.

Sponsored Links
No, every tile is pretty square.

I wouldn't say they were all different shapes.

I once took a tile along to a slate supplier in Glasgow who reckoned they may have been Welsh.....but he was not 100%

I am keen to sell them on, if they are worth something to someone.

Do you know of any reclaimation companies I could contact?

post a picture of them tomorrow ill tell you what they are and where to take them best to know what they are before you take them

If they are in decent condition and you have stripped them of the roof depending on size you would get a £1 each down here.

Ok, that is me finally figured out how to upload a snapp of a typical slate i have just stripped from my roof.

Any odeas what type it may be and how much they are worth??

look to grainy to be welsh and they aint scotch i dont think youll get much for them you can try direct slate in denny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back