Slave labour in the Uk exists - official!

Sponsored Links
Work or we withdraw you JSA payments = SLAVERY!
How can you withdraw their payments if they are paid nothing?
It's not a "payment". It's an allowance to cover the costs of looking for work...
al·low·ance
/əˈlou-əns/Noun
A sum of money paid regularly to a person, typically to meet specified needs or expenses.

Allowances are not a god given right.

There person giving the allowance is therefore in my mind allowed to control the conditions under which is it is given. If you dont like the conditions, typically and in this instance, you are free to not take part.

When I was a kid I had an allowance, and as part of getting it I was expected to do certain things, like keep my room tidy, play nice, and help with house jobs. Is that slavery? Sod off.

Daniel

"Allowances are not a god given right.

There person giving the allowance is therefore in my mind allowed to control the conditions under which is it is given. If you dont like the conditions, typically and in this instance, you are free to not take part"

Agreed and the judges making this ruling made it is not a human right to receive JSA.
There are certain conditions you have to meet in order to receive JSA. As the judges ruling is on the technicalities of workfare then I think we can expect to see these technical conditions tightened up so that challenges like this are unlikely to succeed in future.

al·low·ance
/əˈlou-əns/Noun
A sum of money paid regularly to a person, typically to meet specified needs or expenses.

Allowances are not a god given right.

The person giving the allowance is therefore in my mind allowed to control the conditions under which is it is given. If you don't like the conditions, typically and in this instance, you are free to not take part.

When I was a kid I had an allowance, and as part of getting it I was expected to do certain things, like keep my room tidy, play nice, and help with house jobs. Is that slavery? s** off.
It's an allowance to cover the costs of looking for work...
As I said previously, the way this scheme is being executed, it will serve no purpose other than to increase unemployment (why employ people when we can easily get free labour?) and increase disparity in income between the rich and poor (people who could potentially be given a minimum wage (at least) job by companies such as Poundland are now forced to work for their jobseekers allowance. Poundland make higher profits because there are virtually no increased outgoings on their increased revenue.)

Community work or work for charities would not have this problem and would look far better on a CV.

Sponsored Links
Come on people,

let's tighten up the rules on tax dodging billionaires (who cost the country far more) before we start making pariahs of genuine job seekers :rolleyes:

No-one is going to get rich on JSA and few choose to be on it. The avoided tax of one banker would pay JSA for a year for about a thousand job seekers :!:

Actually, her degree is in geology, arguably a more important field than archaeology, and certainly a more important field than shelf-stacking, given that an understanding of geology underpins our entire, oil-based, economy.

And yet it hasn't brought her an offer of employment has it.

But but but....

YOU should and millions of other people should work and pay taxes in jobs they hate, so that she doesn't have to, HOW DARE YOU suggest she should work in a menial job like a dirty peasant until she finds work in her chosen field.

Your getting ideas above your station peasant, GET BACK TO WORK and pay your taxes so your betters don't have to dirty themselves with such lowly work!

Bit difficult to pay taxes if your not being paid owt! :LOL:

Come on people,

let's tighten up the rules on tax dodging billionaires (who cost the country far more) before we start making pariahs of genuine job seekers :rolleyes:

No-one is going to get rich on JSA and few choose to be on it. The avoided tax of one banker would pay JSA for a year for about a thousand job seekers :!:
Someone with a bit of common.

wasn't this scheme introduced so that unemployed don't just sit on their big fat arse and do nothing to get their benefit, instead send them out to work even if it is for free, because this way it helps these stores stay in business and make profit to sustain employment for others who work there.

It helps everyone, and makes the lazy get off their arse, by getting out there to work for free will make them seek a proper job that pays them well, so that is what the idea was.

And didn't she get a job in the end at another store? she did, because if she was not forced to work at a poundland for free, she would never get out of that Museum voluntarily, and remain a claimant.

The judges made the same decision that they made for that Qatada from being sent back to his native country because of fear of him being tried on false evidence, and our judges stopped him going back, yet they did not stop Wikileak founder from being extradited, so he has now taken to hiding in a foreign embassy! some judgement!

And didn't she get a job in the end at another store? she did, because if she was not forced to work at a poundland for free, she would never get out of that Museum voluntarily, and remain a claimant.

That's a good point. She is probably not a bad person, just a lazy ex student who needed some direction, though spending huge amounts of taxpayer money on this crusade does mark her out somewhat.

The real problem is the scrotes who need to be forced to get out of bed and do something are the same people who are unemployable. It's not really about saving money with this lot, it's trying to make them useful members of society.

wasn't this scheme introduced so that unemployed don't just sit on their big fat a**e and do nothing to get their benefit, instead send them out to work even if it is for free, because this way it helps these stores stay in business and make profit to sustain employment for others who work there.
Not really...if this was the case all of these people would have been working in HMV, Jessops, and Blockbuster. As it is the firms that take these people on are generally very profitable already, such as Tesco, Asda, and Primark.

Anyway, non-profitable companies should be looking at their own inefficencies, business models, corporate structures, and director salaries before relying on free labour to prop up their businesses.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/nobod...rimark-and-other-multinatio/10150266242803182

The real problem is the scrotes who need to be forced to get out of bed and do something are the same people who are unemployable. It's not really about saving money with this lot, it's trying to make them useful members of society.

Then these people should be put into public works. Raking leaves at the parks, trimming hedges by the roadside and litter collecting. This is what they have the long term unemployed do here for their benefits. Not serving some rich corporation, helping them slash costs and costing people jobs or overtime.

At best the work scheme is arse about face, at worst its sinisterly looking after big business.

Then these people should be put into public works. Raking leaves at the parks, trimming hedges by the roadside and litter collecting. This is what they have the long term unemployed do here for their benefits. Not serving some rich corporation, helping them slash costs and costing people jobs or overtime.

At best the work scheme is a**e about face, at worst its sinisterly looking after big business.
Sadly what most people fail to understand is that the majority of councils have outsourced the majority of their 'public works' on fixed costs + bonuses contracts...

Therefore employ someone for nothing/their benefits and the private company will then add another person onto the dole queue, and simultaneously add to their profits ...

It's no coincidence that despite all the 'austerity' cuts, borrowing is still rising!

At best the work scheme is a**e about face, at worst its sinisterly looking after big business.

I am of the same opinion. The argument against this - that it will deprive somebody else of their employment - doesn't hold water because, at least where I live, there is plenty of litter that needs removing, just to take one example.

Other useful work that is not being done by anyone are such things as cleaning and gardening for old and incapacitated people, and I am sure there are many other worthwhile things that need doing.

I thought, when i looked at a man litter picking, that person is getting paid with my council tax?

no more like its being invested in the likes of banks(iceland)and works of art that the common man will never see,because its held in vaults collecting dust.

Sponsored Links
Back