Sleeving soil and waste pipe help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I've recently installed a new WC toilet, sink and bath. I've connected the hot and cold feeds to the appliances and fixed the waste pipes to run through the wall to the outside of the building. I am wondering what i need to sleeve the soil and waste pipes in the wall before i cover back up with a sand cement mix. Any advice on materials and methods would be greatly appreciated.

Jibbs

Sponsored Links
As said above no need to sleeve unless it is copper going through the wall.

Sponsored Links

Okay it's just the flexi pan connector looks a little thin and i don't want it to break.

It would only be a problem if it were movin/flexing or rubbing against brickwork/masonary. If this were the case, there may be something wrong with the installation.

Otherwise, doesn't need sleeving.

Okay it's just the flexi pan connector looks a little thin and i don't want it to break.

It would only be a problem if it were movin/flexing or rubbing against brickwork/masonary. If this were the case, there may be something wrong with the installation.

Otherwise, doesn't need sleeving.

Okay nice one guys ;)

Just a thought, but you dont intend burying that pan connector in the wall? Rigid 110mm plastic soil and (smaller) wastes are fine, but dont bury any of the pan connector (and/or joint to the soil pipe) in the wall. The rigid pipe should come through the wall and the pan connector joined to it inside the room.

What is the ribbed part going to be pushed into? It needs to go into pipe, not directly into the T outside, otherwise it will leak.

In any case, you need to bring a length of pipe into the bathroom. The cheapest, although not very economical way of doing this if you don't have any lengths lying around would be to purchase a 1m length of white 110mm pipe. Wickes sell it for around £7.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back