Sliding door runner identification & replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the sliding balcony door in our new flat will only shut if the door is lifted very slightly whilst turning the handle to engage the closing action.
It looks like one of the rollers / closers has dropped and the bottom of the door catches on it as the door moves into the frame to close. I have no idea of the door make, but I am hoping that someone on here will recognise the roller mechanism to assist in getting a replacement if possible.
Pictures below.

Possibly GROUPCO ?? (written on another part of the door).

Thanks,
Niscars

Sponsored Links
So it looks like a tilt and slide or lift and slide, the hole you can see where it pivots is that an Allen key hole, turning it to screw in or down has the effect of pushing the door up

Ok so try loosening it, does it lower the door and does the gap between the lever and bogie wheel reduce, it may be that its already adjusted up to its max height but unlikely if this is the first time its been adjusted, if the gap does reduce at least we know that is the adjustment

Sponsored Links
Ok, tried loosening it and it comes all the way out without any noticeable change to the roller mechanism.

Looking closely at the two rollers, it looks to me that the one that is catching (RHS) is slightly bent (pictures below).

Ok one

Dodgy one.

I think replacement, if available is the only option??

Regards,
Niscars

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back