Sliding Wardrobe Door Gap Filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just bought some sliding wardrobe doors which will fall short of the cupboard width by 18mm. What would you recommend is best to fill the gap, I was thinking abit of timber painted the same colour?

Many thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
Ah good idea, didn’t think of having it at both ends, would look a lot better! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Would you recommend fitting the MDF before I fit the sliding doors?

Hi all

I have received the doors, and they don’t seem to be the right size. The description (see photo) shows it’s 1680mm wide at open width, yet the sliding door frames top and bottom are 1800mm long, which won’t fit in my available space!

Any suggestions on what to do, could I cut the sliding kit to size as the doors should still work with less space?

many thanks!

E89EB165-E4C0-4760-9DDC-6A3736133FBA.jpeg

D12D888F-A1C8-4F36-8EBD-8F22A224F206.png

you need an overlap off the doors so looks like 2" overlap on the doors and maybe 10mm overlap at the ends against the walls giving you the 120mm discrepancy ??

The runners are always longer and are cut to length.

I thought this would be the case! The gap I have available is 1698, am I right in saying the doors will still be okay considering there are 3 x 610mm doors, knowing that they will slide?

cheers

How many tracks do you have?
If you're lucky- 3 so 2 doors can hide behind the first
More likely - 2. So one at each end and one in the middle, bigger than the gap

Here are the tracks, so I’d say two? On that note, I assume the left of the two in the picture attaches to the ceiling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back