slight damp in leanto floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i have a brick built lean-to (originally built with house in the 30s) with a concrete floor. I am tarting it up a bit, have painted it up etc and arranged a company to latex screed and lay feltbacked vinyl. they turned up today and pulled the old vinyl up, underneath which in one area was some plastic sheeting and slightly damp concrete. Having a good look it looks like the concrete floor is below the damp course in the adjacant walls. The flooring chap has put some primer down (pre screed) and said if it doesnt go off in the damp area we'll need to rethink. If that is the case what are my options and is there a reasonably inexpensive way round. Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
As this floor level sounds like it is below the house DPC then quite possibly this will not have any damp course underneath so any covering will draw dampness up from below. Rethink before you spend out too much on fancy floor coverings.

What kind of roof does this have? Any chance of some pics for a better idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back