Slight leak on radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have changed out 2 radiators, as the old ones were slightly different sizes to the ones in use these days, i had to put a fixed 40 mm extension on to fit to the pipes, 1 radiator has not leaked at all but the other one has a very slight drip between the extension and where the old tail was made up to it, i broke it out and put more ptfe on the joint, then made up as tight as possible, it still drips probably once every 2 mins, what is the best option, change the tails?????new carpet going down tomorrow so need to do quickly.

Sponsored Links
Had a couple of these wth hairline cracks in them that open up when you screw the tails in.

If you were CORGI registered you would have found that the special thick PTFE tape for gas is very good for rads too!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you were CORGI registered you would have found that the special thick PTFE tape for gas is very good for rads too!

Tony

what on earth has it got to do with the dog.

i detest using the gas stuff on anything.

ordinary ptfe is made for the water job.

gas jc is the only stuff for small bore gas.

gas ptfe is ok for making up grommets, o rings, stuffing glands etc.

Loctite L55 all the way...I think getting your ACS just to find out about gas tape is a little excessive Tony :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back