Slight problem with my baxi combi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, can you help?

we have been removing rads to plaster all of the walls. we currently have 1 still off

Last night, hot water went. I went to the bolier and pressure was on zero. so i opened the filling loop slightly. only opened for about 5 seconds.....pressure just kept rising. was in the red and then one of the rads sprung a leak! pressure was very high in the system. I have now turned the black values off, the red tap off so no water entering the system....no more flooding!

Any ideas about what I can do? thanks in advance

PD :evil:

Sponsored Links
First you need to replace the burst rad!

If you have an "instant" version of the boiler then the expansion vessel has failed and needs to be replaced. If the flue goes out directly behind the boiler will need a CORGI. If its to the side then you could try it yourself as long as you have about 450 mm above the boiler clear.

If its NOT an instant then look in FAQ for how to check/repressurise the expansion vessel.

Simply you allowed the system to over pressurise and the excess pressure burst the rad which was probably corroded beforehand anyway. The filling valve may not be easily turning off and may need replacement too.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

i think it might be to do with the filling loop as well. it sounds like the boiler is still filling up through this even though it is turned off.

Should there be just a screw at each end of the filling loop to allow water to pass through?!?

Thanks again
PD

Sponsored Links
Older ones only have one, with a non return valve at the other end.
Pressure relief should have cut in at 3 bar, and rads are designed to stand at least 6.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back