Slight weeping from soldered joint-is there a quick fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found a very slight sweat coming from a soldered joint in my bathroom. I can see that the solder hasn't filled around the joint completely anyway which explains the leak.

It's not spraying or dripping out, it's just you can feel moisture underneath it which reappears after wiping it away. Anyway I would normally just take it out and resolder the joint but it is in a very unaccessible location.

Is there an epoxy resin or putty I can use to stop the leak? There is no pressure there it's just sweating out.

Sponsored Links
shame with heating a leak seal could of been added to the system. think ull have to get the blowlamp out n resolder the joint

Sponsored Links
Homebase do a twin tube epoxy compound in their plumbing section. It's called PATE and is white when mixed. It's claimed to seal wet joints and sets in minutes, suitable for both hot and cold lines. I've found it excellent as a thread sealant on crappy screwed fittings where hemp or teflon has failed to produce a tight joint.

Homebase do a twin tube epoxy compound in their plumbing section. It's called PATE and is white when mixed. It's claimed to seal wet joints and sets in minutes, suitable for both hot and cold lines. I've found it excellent as a thread sealant on crappy screwed fittings where hemp or teflon has failed to produce a tight joint.

That's great Jack but Eddie fixed his leak three years ago!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back