Slightly confused about floor standing bath filler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have purchased a cross water Kai floor standing bath filler. A flexi pipe runs through the legs with a 3/4" female at the top and a 1/2" female at the bottom. My question is, if you were to install without the legs, then you would have a 22mm feed to the tap, but if you install using the legs then I assume you drop down to 15mm at the bottom of the legs. Have I understood this correctly?

Thanks, David

Sponsored Links
If you check the specifications you will probably find its only suitable for high pressure plumbing installations ,which if that is what you have then its OK.however if yours is gravity fed its likely the flow will be very poor . you are right in thinking that a conventional bath tap would be plumbed in 22 mm pipework ,on gravity system. But on pressurised 15 mm is adequate .

Hi, I am on a gravity fed system, and this tap is suitable for low pressure (0.2 bar). I remain concerned about flow rate, especially now as it seems to be designed for a 15mm feed, but only if you use the legs. This is what I don't understand. Why wouldn't the long flexi be 3/4" at both ends?

Sponsored Links
this tap is suitable for low pressure (0.2 bar)
Some manufactures mention low pressure suitable but you have to ask yourself what the :censored: does it mean ? i have found it means at 0.2 bar head it will supply water from the spout but the amount of water may not be what you thought you will get in terms of water flow.

You could ask the manufacture,what is the lpm tap flow expected at 0.2bar

on Uk gravity the reduction to 1/2 inch (even just 1 fitting) will have some reduction in flow. Have seen some of those freestanding tap tubes with enough diameter to allow 22mm copper or plastic pipe to be run to the tap.

Sometimes they work very well,a lot depends on the condition and correct installation of the existing gravity plumbing :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back