Slim profile TV bracket...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seemed like a good idea at the time.
I’ve solved the power cable issue by getting a cable which is right angled. I now have an issue with the plugs sticking out more than the bracket supports!

Whilst I could remove the wall bracket and stick an MDF board on this, I’m worried that it will affect the integrity of the screws, rawlplugs and holes.

Can the issue be solved by spacers? I’ve struggled to find these at Toolstation/Screwfix.

It’s an LG tv. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3293023181.jpg
    iOS Image - 3293023181.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 113
  • iOS Image - 3728289081.jpg
    iOS Image - 3728289081.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
Nothing with this bracket unfortunately:(
Are spacers the way to go based on the above?

How much of a problem do you have with the AV connectors sticking out? Is it just the aerial plug, or are you hooking up phono/RCAs and a SCART as well as the usual HDMIs?

BTW, saying that the TV is an LG doesn't really tell us much. There are hundreds of LG models. A model number is what we need to know.

Sponsored Links
I’m fine with all connectors into TV as they are the “right” angle in this situation, my problem is the plugs in the socket. I need to make space for these.

It’s an LG 50PK350.

Thanks for your help

Thanks again guys.
A coupe of questions relating to the above:
@Lucid, the washer approach did occur to me but I was concerned about having lots of washers (probably 2cm gap I reckon) and whether this would be safe. Would appreciate your view on this.

@sparkymarka, the last time I used spacers, I seem to remember that they went into the TV holes and hence had to be a compatible type of spacer. Is the one your suggesting good on this front?

As long as you have a solid anchorage point with the plug fixings in the wall, and so you can tighten the screws or mini coach bolts so that they really nip up tight, then whether it's a stack of washers or a solid tube that forms the spacer really makes no difference.

Thanks @Lucid.
I assume that the anchorage point is applicable even without the washer situation? I do have very solid fixings to the wall.

Based on the above, I prefer washers as I can then control the depth to my requirements and also purchase them locally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back