Slim shed needed...advice please guys & girls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a narrow space down the side of our house which currently has a portion of it covered with plastic corrugated roof sheets so we can store a bike and other bits of crap (out of sight out of mind right?). What we're looking for is a slim shed (no more than around 90cms external width) but as deep as possible, perhaps 180cms or more, that can offer more secure storage, out of the elements, etc.
Can anyone think of something that's available off the shelf in kit form? Not bothered whether it's wood or plastic but obviously needs a door and roof.
Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
With something that size, I'd say it's a custom build so build it yourself or get a handyman in.

I was dreading that to be honest. Don't mind having a go but am crap at design. Don't suppose there's plans I can get that I can resize showing me what I need to do or a company I can call without it going to cost me a small fortune?

What do you have either side? Two brick walls - side/end of houses? A picture of the space would help.

Sponsored Links
either side are two brick walls yes, one wall is ours, the other is our neighbours wall.

Here's a pic of the rubbish dump!

Attachments

• IMG_4984.JPG
    IMG_4984.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 83
Easy, if you get on with your neighbours and they allow you to attach on to their wall. Sell it to them that it will be a security feature. A door at the front, a door or wall at the rear and a flat, felt roof sloping either way for rainfall. This is what a mate of mine did in the same situation - he has stairs in his and his wife uses the upstairs as her hobby/sewing room.

822C4C49-160E-465B-A5B9-62742969D2FD.jpeg

Edit. You're halfway there. Flat roof, felt, door or wall at the other end. Job done!

Thanks Mottie. When you say flat roof, what do you mean? The corrugated plastic roof (which isn't entirely waterproof by the way) is sloped for rainfall.

Just some plywood to replace the corrugated plastic. Probably some arris rail either side at the top and some good quality shed felt stuck down with cold felt adhesive.

why would I need to replace the corrugated plastic with plywood & felt Mottie?

Leave it as it is. Get a wooden garden gate to fit the width of the opening less a couple of pieces of wood to act as supports for hinges on one side and a gate catch or lock on the other. Fasten the wood to the brick walls. Hinge the gate off one side and a catch/ lock for the other.

why would I need to replace the corrugated plastic with plywood & felt Mottie?
1. You mentioned security and wood is better than plastic for that. 2. You said the corrugated plastic was leaking. Replacing the plastic with a proper roof like you get on the shed you wanted, will kill two birds with one stone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back