Sloped concrete floor..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've had a 4inch concrete slab poured over my kitchen which is around 5 x 4 metres

I allowed space for my 100mm pir insulation and 75mm sand and cement screed.

Builder has done one end of my kitchen at perfect level to allow for screed and insulation. However over the space of 5 metres, floor level has sloped upwards and rather than having 175mm leftover space, there is now only 140mm left over.

Would it be possible to hire a contractor to use a large grinder to have the floor leveled?

Would this be the best option?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-205921_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-205921_Gallery.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 221
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you saying you are putting insulation and screed over the top of what has been put down? If so, could you get away with 40mm screed?

A screeder has told me that 40mm screed with a special strengthening additive will be sufficient. The additive I believe is called K screed. However re the 40mm screed I've yet to have this verified I was under the impression that its unacceptable, perhaps someone on this could shed some light. As it's a floating screed I thought 40mm is too thin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back