sloping base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm laying a pent shed, 7x5, on a slope. Slope is on 7ft side and about 1 foot drop (door will be on lower side)--sand base under turf. Is it best to dig out slope or build up lower end, or bit of each and what should I use for base since sand underneath?---coastal caravan site. :confused:

Sponsored Links
personally i would try and split the difference and use slabs as a base as they are a better load bearer put them on a bed of compacted sand or stone

OK! Thanks for that.
I'm a kind of 'compromise' person so was beginning to think this was best idea. Anything I've read so far says that weight of shed should be enough to keep it from floating away in a high wind, but I'd feel safer if I could anchor it down somehow. Any further suggestions as to how I could do this if I use slabs as base.

are you planning on a concrete floor or raising the shed off the ground!!!

you need to keep the earth away from the wood
if the land is likly to shed water down the hill in heavy rain !!!
if so you will either need to raise the shed 3 or 4 inches off the concrete or take measures to divert the water away from the shed

Sponsored Links
no remedies for anchoring shed down but the wait of the shed and contents should be enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back