Sloping fence ideas???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people,

I want to put up a fence, no taller than 3 ft hight to run the length of my front garden. The trouble is is my garden slopes 10 inches per 6ft. I dont want a huge project so ruled out a panel fence on a stepped brick run. I still want it to look pleasent and the best i have come up with is fence posts with chain between them - not very imaginative i know! Has anybody got any nice ideas that wont look odd with the slope?

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
If it is an indicative border, not required to keep anything or anyone in or out, post and rail looks quite rural. (I have got a small post-and-rail fence like that but no pics)

This can actually be done using concrete spur posts, if you don't like digging up rotten wood every few years, and you can paint them brown if you like them to blend in with the wooden rails (see my pics in //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60504

Thanks John!

I didnt realise that you could get concrete to look so "rustic". I like that a lot! I may go for the post and chain idea after all. Where did you buy your chain from and how does it attach to the posts?

Cheers

Tom

sorry - I use post and rail (=piece of wood 75mm x 38mm) not chain.

I believe galvanised anchor chain is good value (but very heavy

Sponsored Links
Sorry, my mistake. I think i know what you mean. that may work better for me because i intend to put a gate along the fence somewhere.

Cheers again john!

Like this...

POL_0110.jpg

POL_0109.jpg

Yeah, that'd work for me. I'd need to make it a little higher so my gate wouldnt look out of place. I'd prefer that, makes it look like i've made a bit more of an effort than just posts and chain.

Cheers again pal!!

Tom

if you want a real rustic look go for chestnut poles with the bark still on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back